Newcastle drew Tottenham Hotspur 2-2 at St James' Park on Sunday, stretching their unbeaten streak to open the season to 8 games. The point also ensures that the Magpies stay in fourth place for at least one more week, though the table is starting to compress behind them just a bit. Let's discuss some of the major developments from this result after the jump.
- Demba Ba and Leon Best were substituted at the same time for Hatem Ben Arfa and Shola Ameobi. What do you think about Pardew having two separate packages (4-4-2 vs. 4-4-1) that he can switch up as the situation dictates? Maybe a good idea in theory, but there's a lot of volatility and risk involved here.
- Davide Santon for Danny Simpson on the right sure seemed like a permanent change. Are you comfortable with that?
- Steven Taylor's penalty was inexcusable, but he's been solid all year long. Surely we aren't so reactionary as to suggest he needs to sit, are we?
- Cheik Tiote and Yohan Cabaye - great midfield partnership, or the greatest midfield partnership?
- That was a handball, right?
- Finally, are you satisfied with the result?