The new season of the CHN Predictions League is upon us. This year's version of the game will cover a full season of league and cup matches, and the rules have been revamped. It's a fun game that anybody can jump into at any point. Here's how to play:
- Before each Newcastle United match, predict the match winner (you may of course select "draw"), final score, and who the goal scorers will be. Also, make a choice on the prop bet (see below).
- Deadline is five minutes before kickoff.
Points are assigned as follows:
- Correct winner = 2 points
- Correct score = 5 points (so correct score + correct winner = 7 total points)
- 1/2 of correct score = 1 point
- Predict total # of goals correctly = 1 point
- Each goalscorer predicted correctly = 4 points
- Each goalscorer predicted incorrectly = -1 point
A clarification on the last part: You don't lose points for failing to predict that Jonas Gutierrez would score in a given week. However, chosing Papiss Cisse will result in loss of a point if he fails to score. Your total score may not dip below 0 in any given week.
I've added one last twist. There are now some incentives for winning the game each week. The outright winner will get a point added to their total in the table. In addition, they will have the opportunity to influence the game for the following week by creating a prop bet, worth 1 point. The bet may deal with anything on or off the pitch, as long as it is empirically verifiable and relevant to the match in question. I'll start by making one for this week, and the winner of this game will create a prop bet for the August 23 match with Atromitos.
Over/Under: 2.5 shots on goal for Jermain Defoe