You know what this is. Rules:
- Before each Newcastle United match, predict the match winner (you may of course select "draw"), final score, and who the goal scorers will be. Also, make a choice on the prop bet (see below).
- Deadline is five minutes before kickoff.
Points are assigned as follows:
- Correct winner = 2 points
- Correct score = 5 points (so correct score + correct winner = 7 total points)
- 1/2 of correct score = 1 point
- Predict total # of goals correctly = 1 point
- Each goalscorer predicted correctly = 4 points
- Each goalscorer predicted incorrectly = -1 point
A clarification on the last part: You don't lose points for failing to predict that Jonas Gutierrez would score in a given week. However, choosingwill result in loss of a point if he fails to score. Your total score may not dip below 0 in any given week.
The winner(s) of each round will get a point added to their total in the table. In addition, they will have the opportunity to influence the game for the following round by creating a prop bet, worth 1 point. The bet may deal with anything on or off the pitch, as long as it is empirically verifiable and relevant to the match in question. The prop bet for this round:
Yes/No: Will there be a penalty in today's match?
The next game will be September 17 at Everton, and then the matches come fast and furious. The current table follows the jump.
Rockets4LIFE – 27
ForeignFlopper – 24
bigc4277 – 23
Pradajames – 22
Robert L. Bishop – 18
51dimes – 15
MychalShannon1 – 11
PhillyBuckey12 – 10
Coldson – 9
Other Side of the Pillow – 9
aa9 – 4
colligan – 4
wuds100 – 4
mjtig – 2
Steve Stoehr – 1
lowellthehammer – 0
bcschles – 0
LIsPeacock – 0
Toon101 – 0
Ryan Sealock – 0
rancho king – 0
Montlake Footy – 0