Alan Pardew approves of the Predictor's League - Julian Finney
The last time Newcastle met up with Liverpool it was....well....not pretty. The lads lost 6-0, at home no less. Will it be that bad this time around? Will it be closer? Will Newcastle get what I expect many would consider to be a shock result? You tell us in the CHN Predictor's League. It's free to play and easy, just follow....
- Before each game, predict the winner (or you can predict a draw), the final score, and goalscorers. The deadline will be 5 minutes before kick-off.
- Predicting the outcome correctly will give you 1 point.
- Predicting the exact score will give you 5 points. Failing to predict the exact score but getting the total number of goals correct will give you 1 point, as will predicting one half of the score. If you predict a total of 6 goals or more, you are ineligible to receive points for predicting the correct goalscorers (see below). However, if 6 goals or more are actually scored, the ineligibility will be lifted. This new rule is designed to prevent people from predicting an abnormally high score in order to better their chances of earning the bonus for predicting the scorers.
- For each goal scorer you pick correctly, you earn 2 points. You may not pick more scorers than you did goals in order to hedge your bets. (In other words, if you predict a 1-0 score, you can only choose one scorer.)
- Standings will be posted each week.
I will post those standings a bit later, but for now give us your score predictions and for fun mull over our prop bet: Number of Liverpool corners: Over/under at 4.5.