I tried this last off-season with not so great results. But, I figure we can always try it again! It's the CHN Book Club. We'll select a soccer book and talk about it. The first part? Selecting the book. For your consideration...
1. Inverting the Pyramid: The History of Soccer Tactics. Considered to be the "gold standard" for books on soccer tactics, it's one I definitely want to read. That said, it looks like an updated version is coming out in the fall. Something to keep in mind.
2. Newcastle United: Fifty Years of Hurt. Looks to be a great history of the club with some humor as well.
3. Soccernomics. I think this is the book I chose last summer, but would read it again. It's a fascinating look at how soccer has evolved and where it's headed.
4. How Soccer Explains the World. Another fantastic read that views world issues through a soccer lens.
5. Amongst the Thugs: this book takes an insider's look at hooliganism in English soccer in the 80's.
If you want to take part, vote in the poll below with your selection for a book. Or, add another that you'd like. We'll settle on one to begin the summer and head from there.