Newcastle United are readying a bid for Manchester City winger Scott Sinclair, according to a report from SportsDirect. The report indicates that the Toon are prepared to make a £5 million bid for the 24-year old Manchester City winger who appears to be on his way out.
Man City acquired Sinclair last season for £6 million from Swansea, but he doesn't appear to be in their plans going forward and they want to try to recoup what they paid to get him, but a bid just under than may be accepted.
It's worth noting the report is from Mike Ashley's SportsDirect venture, so it should probably be taken with a big grain of salt. This isn't the first time Newcastle has been linked with Sinclair however, as back in July he was linked to the Toon because of how the betting lines were swinging.
With the tactics Alan Pardew seems determined to play, someone like Sinclair may help because the Toon lack wingers, but as mentioned I wouldn't make much of this quite yet.
More from Coming Home Newcastle:
- Newcastle United Loan Watch: Ferguson playing multiple roles at Birmingham
- Shrimp Fest: Newcastle to visit Morecambe in Capital One Cup
- Premier League Club Selection: Newcastle United is the Choice
- Bafetimbi Gomis move to Newcastle United stalled
- Loic Remy injured, likely to miss Newcastle United opener