Newcastle is back, and so is the Predictions League. Here are the rules, if you'd like to play:
- Before each Newcastle United match, predict the match winner (you may of course select "draw"), final score, and who the goal scorers will be. Also, make a choice on the prop bet (see below).
- Deadline is five minutes before kickoff.
Points are assigned as follows:
- Correct winner = 2 points
- Correct score = 5 points (so correct score + correct winner = 7 total points)
- 1/2 of correct score = 1 point
- Predict total # of goals correctly = 1 point
- Each goalscorer predicted correctly = 4 points
- Each goalscorer predicted incorrectly = -1 point
- Prop bet = +/- 1 point
A clarification on the last part: You don't lose points for failing to predict that Jonas Gutierrez would score in a given week. However, choosing Papiss Cisse will result in loss of a point if he fails to score. Your total score may not dip below 0 in any given week. The winner(s) of each round will get a point added to their total in the table.
This weeks prop bet:
Assuming both play (if one or the other doesn't, this week's prop is invalid), who scores more goals today: Demba Ba or Luis Suarez?
--note: I've not seen a current standing, so it is not included this week. Will work toward rectifying this soon.