Last week was a dismal week for the CHN Predictions League, as only 1 person scored more than 2 points while Newcastle got obliterated 5-0. The good news is that if you haven't yet jumped in and played the game, you still have a great chance to do well in the standings. Hopefully this week will be better for the squad and this here little game. Rules and Table after the jump.
Why not follow us on Twitter or like us on Facebook?
- Before each game, predict the winner (or you can predict a draw), the final score, and goalscorers. The deadline will be 5 minutes before kick-off (in this case, 1730 GMT on Saturday).
- Predicting the outcome correctly will give you 1 point.
- Predicting the exact score will give you 5 points. Failing to predict the exact score but getting the total number of goals correct will give you 1 point, as will predicting one half of the score. If you predict a total of 6 goals or more, you are ineligible to receive points for predicting the correct goalscorers (see below). However, if 6 goals or more are actually scored, the ineligibility will be lifted. This new rule is designed to prevent people from predicting an abnormally high score in order to better their chances of earning the bonus for predicting the scorers.
- For each goal scorer you pick correctly, you earn 2 points. You may not pick more scorers than you did goals in order to hedge your bets. (In other words, if you predict a 1-0 score, you can only choose one scorer.)
- Standings will be posted each week.
- I have no plans to award prizes at this time, but we may do some contests with prizes in the future for special games, such as the derby.
1. Rockets4LIFE – 19 points
2. Other Side of the Pillow – 14
3. bcschles – 12
3. BetterDeadThanRed – 12
5. Robert L. Bishop – 9
6. Coldson – 8
6. johnjahafanclub – 8
8. MychalShannon1 – 6
9. wuds100 – 5
10. Pradajames – 4
11. lowellthehammer – 3