Nobody likes the international break (well, except maybe Shola....and I guess the French lads had a good time as well) but our time without football has come to a (blissful) end. Newcastle have what many pundits would pick to be a winnable match, as they welcome a struggling Norwich side to St. James' Park. Newcastle are traditionally better at home and are in great form following wins over Chelsea and Tottenham.
But will that form continue, or is the good ship Magpie due for a serious course correction? Tell us how they'll do it by playing the CHN Predictor's League. To play you just have to follow...
- Before each game, predict the winner (or you can predict a draw), the final score, and goalscorers. The deadline will be 5 minutes before kick-off.
- Predicting the outcome correctly will give you 1 point.
- Predicting the exact score will give you 5 points. Failing to predict the exact score but getting the total number of goals correct will give you 1 point, as will predicting one half of the score. If you predict a total of 6 goals or more, you are ineligible to receive points for predicting the correct goalscorers (see below). However, if 6 goals or more are actually scored, the ineligibility will be lifted. This new rule is designed to prevent people from predicting an abnormally high score in order to better their chances of earning the bonus for predicting the scorers.
- For each goal scorer you pick correctly, you earn 2 points. You may not pick more scorers than you did goals in order to hedge your bets. (In other words, if you predict a 1-0 score, you can only choose one scorer.)
- Standings will be posted each week.
And here are those standings. Only one participant last week, as Oelycus got total number of goals scored.
|Robert L. Bishop||21|
|Infinity Is An Axiom||5|
|Souvik Roy Chowdhury||0|
|fake nolan ryan||0|