Keep Your Enemies Closer pieces are always fun for me. This one was particularly fun for me as it involved St. Mary's Musings, the newest member of the SBN Soccer family and their managing editor Jake Edwards. In spite of my inability to handle the massive time difference between my home and his, Jake was kind enough to agree to and in fact answer a series of questions about Southampton and the match coming up this weekend. Here's the result!
1) Will you guys take Alan Pardew back? Please?
2) The departure of Mauricio Pocchetino to Spurs presented the possibility that the progress that Southampton have made in recent years might stall out. You seem to have landed squarely on your feet with Ronald Koeman. It's early days still yet, but what are the Saints supporters' thoughts regarding the Dutchman?
3) Your club's recent success predictably set you up as a target for Sky 6 poaching of your best and brightest talents. Which of your team's departures has been/will be missed the most? Which of the new arrivals has had the biggest impact thus far?
4) Alan Pardew has frequently asserted that not only can we not expect to compete with the Sky 6, we can't be expected to compete with clubs like Southampton. In terms of general club stature, how do Southampton supporters view Newcastle United? Do you guys view our club as a somewhat direct rial in these terms or have you set your sights higher?
5) What are your expectations for Southampton this season? Would a top-half finish be satisfactory or does last season have you guys expecting more?