Let me introduce myself over here first. I am Souvik, an ardent supporter of Newcastle after watching Asprilla score three past Barca in the famous UCL game. My nickname is Gullit, named after Ruud Gullit for my childhood curlies which no longer exists. I guess, that should be enough for now, the rest you will come to know (hopefully).
This is my first post in the community and I hope to make this one a much active one in the times to come with the help of others as well.
Here are some things worth chewing over for all Newcastle fans this Sunday.
- Reports from France are suggesting we are interested in Clinton N’Jie. Who is he? To be honest, this is the first I have heard his name getting popped around.
What do we know about him?Scouting reports suggest that is a lightfooted winger (primarily right-footed) who has some craft as well (not Ben Arfa level). He had 7 goals and 7 assists playing for Olympique Marseille last season. A wide player is certainly something we need. But is he the man that's going to fill the void?
- In other news, Charlie Austin was left out of the squad for QPR's friendly against Atalanta. The striker immediately went to Twitter to sort things out himself, saying it was a lack of training that caused him to miss the game. Make whatever you want of that.
Whether it be Newcastle or any other club, I would be really surprised that Austin is still at Lofus Road come the end of the transfer window.
Only trained twice this week that is why I'm not playing today don't panic
— Charlie Austin (@chazaustin9) August 2, 2015
- The Mirror still believes we are very much in for Florian Thauvin.
- Another name that just came out of the left field is Sebastian Dewaest. Are we going to Belgium for another player? Dewaest is a centre-half at RSC Charleroi. Is he the answer to our prayers at the back?
I would really be disappointed if he was so, mainly because he is a totally unknown quantity and its time I guess when we invested in some tried and tested stuff.
- The Express, meanwhile, believes we are in for Saido Berahino. I would be highly surprised, let's not forget to say, feeling a lot giddy if this was to be true.
But, I really don't think that the story has any legs to it. If we really want him, he will be our record signing. Now will that not be something.
Get the latest Newcastle news with Coming Home Newcastle