Here at Coming Home Newcastle, we’re into our thirteenth year of providing as well-rounded a coverage of all things NUFC as we can muster. To continue growing and offering a fans’ view on all things Magpies, we’re advertising a variety of ways for you to get involved.
Are you the right person to help Coming Home Newcastle become THE ultimate destination for all Newcastle United news, opinion, and fan insight? If you surely love Newcastle, enjoy discussing all aspects of the beautiful game, and have a useful skill, you just might fit in with our extraordinary team! At the end of the day, if you’re an NUFC fan, you’re already one of us.
We’re looking for news and feature writers, football analysts, and social media experts to help tell the story of the Magpies from the unique Newcastle fan-led perspective on which we here at Coming Home Newcastle are proud.
Whether you’re a budding journalist in college or university or just a fan who’s a bit older or works 9-5, has always fancied themselves as a creative type, or has never even logged onto the internet before (in which case well done on finding this article) - then there’s absolutely a place for you as well!
Helping us, writing for Coming Home Newcastle, should be right up your street. You’ll be working alongside experienced journalists who can help you kickstart a great career, with our team having contributed to Sky Sports, FourFourTwo, The Sun, FIFA.com, La Gazzetta Dello Sport, and more. And if you’re already established, you will always find yourself surrounded by a good bunch of Geordies with the same devotion and similar black-and-white hearts!
If have the ability to do any of the above, and if you want to be part of a fun community of individuals doing the same, please let us know. Simply write to us at tonlosada [at] gmail [dot] com, or reach out to us on Twitter (@ComingHomeNUFC) and we’ll gladly answer your questions!
It is important to note that we do this out of a love for the beautiful game and Newcastle United Football Club. These positions are on a voluntary basis. However, some of our staff have gone on to more financially rewarding opportunities as we already stated above.
You never know what this experience will lead to. Like with anything else in life, you’re likely to get out what you put in.
What we need at Coming Home Newcastle
- News and Match Reporters: Due to stretched staffing, it can be difficult for us to keep up with and report on all Newcastle United FC news as they break. We need talented writers who are on hand to write copy on the latest Magpies news and matches as we move toward the 2021/22 season finale and into the most exciting summer in the history of the club.
- Opinion writers: We are all for fan-led opinion no matter how, erm, abstract. Have a salient point to be made on the latest goings-on at Newcastle and everything and anything surrounding it? Do you have a natural knack for writing accurate, intriguing, discussion-prone copy? Coming Home Newcastle is the perfect full-of-freedom-of-speech outlet for your talents.
- Interview go-getters: Confident enough to secure the big interviews and ask our heroes the tough questions to help establish Coming Home Newcastle as one of the top football blogs? We would love to have you aboard! Seriously, this would be a game-changer!
- Youth/Academy reporters: In particular, we are currently seeking someone interested in covering the club’s youth/academy system. Newcastle doesn’t have the best football academy record, we must acknowledge, but it’s still a nice academy and it’s only getting better with the new board determined to boost its production in the near future. This is an important role, as today’s academy players are tomorrow’s stars to feature for the first team, no matter how much the economy improves going forward. This position gathers youth/academy results, profiles potential stars and keeps up with important events.
- Lady Magpies, NU Women’s team reporters: The Lady Magpies have been around since 1989 and are now part of the FA Women’s National League Division One (second tier)—only for a few more months, though, as you know this team is going strong and on a very serious rise! This position gathers our Lady Magpies squad results, profiles and discusses current players, and keeps up with important events surrounding Newcastle’s women’s team.
- Social Media whizzes: It’s important to be seen and heard on social media, as long as it’s for all the right reasons. If you know a thing or two about cultivating and captivating social media audiences, please fire us an email.
How to apply for the roles
Send any applications to tonlosada [at] gmail [dot] com, or reach out to us on Twitter (@ComingHomeNUFC) and we’ll gladly answer your questions! Please, include supporting examples of your previous work if possible, or write something fresh if you don’t have anything already done at hand. We would ideally like to get some more bodies on the team within the next few weeks ahead of the summer and the new season.
Howay the Lads!