The draw comes after Newcastle, in possession of the lucky no. 15 ball drawn on Monday’s shuffling, was the last team to be selected in yestrday’s draw.
This tie presents an opportunity for Eddie Howe’s team to advance to the fifth round for the first time since the 2019/20 season and following a couple of season of early exits from the competition.
The fourth-round fixture is scheduled for the weekend of January 27th, with specific details about the match date and related information to be announced later by the English FA.
It’s worth pointing out Newcastle beat Fulham in their last Premier League encounter at St James’ Park, which took place on Dec. 16 and ended in a 3-0 win by the Magpies over a 10-man squad.
Under Howe, Newcastle has experienced early exits in previous FA Cup campaigns, including defeats to Sheffield Wednesday last season and Cambridge United two years ago. Adding more pressure to the situation, the Magpies have already crashed out of the Champions League and the Carabao Cup this season, which has left NUFC looking at the FA Cup as their lone chance at lifting a trophy this season.
Other significant matches in the fourth round of the FA Cup include Chelsea against Aston Villa, and a high-profile clash between Tottenham and Manchester City. Even though Newcastle drew an EPL, it’s fair to share the Magpies surely dodged a few much-sharper bullets on Monday.
Complete FA Cup 4th Round Draw
- Watford vs Southampton
- Blackburn Rovers vs Wrexham
- Bournemouth vs Swansea
- West Brom vs Brentford or Wolves
- West Ham or Bristol City vs Nottingham Forest or Blackpool
- Leicester vs Hull City or Birmingham City
- Sheffield Wednesday vs Coventry City
- Chelsea vs Aston Villa
- Ipswich Town vs Maidstone United
- Liverpool vs Norwich or Bristol Rovers
- Tottenham vs Manchester City
- Leeds United vs Plymouth Argyle
- Crystal Palace or Everton vs Luton or Bolton
- Newport County or Eastleigh vs Wigan Athletic or Manchester United
- Sheffield United vs Brighton
- Fulham vs Newcastle