It appears Newcastle United are readying a £7 million bid for 24-year old Genk striker Jelle Vossen, according to The Daily Star. The Toon pulled out of their transfer agreement for French striker Bafetimbi Gomis after some disagreements on payments to his former club St. Eteinne and apparently now turn their attention to a Belgium striker.
Vossen has been capped by the Belgium national team 11 times and scored 65 goals for Genk over the past three seasons in the Jupiler Pro League, including two goals in his first three games this season.
The price reported the Magpies are willing to pay out for Vossen is very similar to that of what they were planning to pay for the Gomis deal, but just like with the Gomis deal nothing is set until they're holding up a kit at St. James Park.
More from Coming Home Newcastle:
- Fabricio Coloccini And His Band Of Merry Men - Eleven Days of Newcastle #3: Center Back
- Premier League 2013-14 Team-By-Team Preview: Fulham
- Give Us Your Manchester City Questions
- Eleven Days of Newcastle: Position by Position Preview
- Bafétimbi Gomis Saga: Best Director Of Football In Football Loses Another