Much of the transfer window chatter with Newcastle have circled around a possible Yohan Cabaye move over the summer and the Toon bringing in Remy Cabella. One story that's been tracking however is Newcastle's continued interest in Dutch striker Luuk de Jong, who they're reportedly interested in bringing in on a loan deal.
De Jong hasn't seen much time on the pitch since joining Gladbach and reportedly is out of favor with the current manager and is now keen to join Newcastle, albeit on a loan deal. The Journal is reporting that Newcastle hope to have a deal done in time for him to debut against Norwich on Jan. 28.
We've heard all about a de Jong deal being done in the past however, so it's a little hard to believe. The Toon do still need to add another striker and he's long been a target, so perhaps it's possible they can strike a temporary loan move that can become permanent.
- Newcastle United Agree Remy Cabella Transfer With Montpellier According To "Reports"
- Remy Cabella to join Newcastle after the season, per report
- If You Had 19 January in the "Cabaye to PSG" Pool, You Win
- West Ham vs. Newcastle United match thread
- Jonas Gutierrez Reunites With Hughton At Norwich City